Dear Hawthorne Family,
Welcome to the 2016-17 School Year! We are so happy that you’re joining us. We look forward to sharing a great year with you at one of Seattle’s most dynamic elementary schools.
We are Friends of Hawthorne (FOH) PTA, a volunteer group of parents, teachers, caregivers, and community members. Our mission is to support Hawthorne so it can provide the best education possible to all its students. We raise money for student activities and supplies. We work to increase parent involvement in our children’s education. We advocate for Hawthorne students by uniting our voices to make ourselves heard within the Seattle School District. We support our excellent teachers and administrators.
We invite you to join us. Fill out the attached application form (or fill it out online) and hand it into a PTA member or the school office. Please come to our meetings, find a way to volunteer, and share your voice – what to YOU want to see at our school?
Get involved. There are a million ways to get involved. Here are seven:
- Attend school events—such as the Open House/Curriculum Night, Oct.13th at 6:00 PM
- Come to the FOH PTA meetings—our first is October 4th at 6:00 PM, Cafeteria
- Attend special FOH presentations—our first is “Social/Behavioral Management” on Oct. 25th at 6:00 PM
- Join our email listserv for the most up-to-date news regarding events and news, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check out our website, www.friendsofhawthorne.org
- Join our Friends of Hawthorne Facebook page
- VOLUNTEER at FOH events— OUR SCHOOL NEEDS YOUR HELP!
Working together, we are stronger. Here’s to a fantastic year!
Your Friends of Hawthorne Board of Directors
Co- Presidents - Rachael Caravalho & Suzy Largé, email@example.com
Vice-President - Brit Porter firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer - Josie Clark, email@example.com
Secretary – Cathy Laetz, firstname.lastname@example.org