We welcome all Hawthorne families and community members to attend the PTA's meetings. FREE child care with a pizza dinner for kids age 3 and older is available at Launch Hawthorne for our evening meetings.
Learn about PTA Membership Opportunities, Meet PTA Officers:
- September 9, 9am (1st day of school reception in Library)
- September 14, 9am (1st day of K reception in Library)
- September 18, 5:30pm (Back to School BBQ on playground/in Cafeteria)
October 7 - 6 – 7:30pm, Cafeteria
- Vision for the school year, report on 2015-16 financial review report, membership update, vote on Standing Rules, overview of calendar for the year
October 21 - 6 - 7:30pm, Cafeteria (potluck)
- TOPIC: Testing 101. Learning the strengths and weaknesses of standardized tests, including how they are—or should be—used.
November 18 - 6:00 – 7:30pm, Cafeteria or Library (potluck)
- TOPIC: Student Safety at Home and at School. Learn about school practices to foster safety and ways you can keep your child safe at home and in the community.
December 2, 6 – 7:30pm, Library
- Vote on updated budget, walk-a-thon report, assemble financial review committee.
January 20, 6 – 7:30pm, Library
- Financial review report, assemble Nominating Committee for 2016-17 PTA Board Officers
February 10, 6 – 7:30pm, Cafeteria or Library (potluck)
- TOPIC: Positive Behavior Management and Social & Emotional Learning. Learn about school-wide programs such as PBIS and RULER, and learn about developmentally appropriate positive behavior management strategies to use at home.
March 2, 6 – 7:30pm, Library
- Vote on Officers, Q&A with Teachers
April 20, 6 – 7:30pm, Library
- Discuss draft budget
May 11, 6 – 7:30pm, Library
- Vote on budget, auction report out
June 1, 6 – 7:30pm, Cafeteria (dinner provided)
- Year-end reflections, look ahead to 2016-17.