We have many opportunities for anyone eager to support Hawthorne Elementary School and our students, from volunteering at school events to joining a Friends of Hawthorne PTA committee. If you're interested in joining any of the following committees, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SPRING AUCTION. Our biggest fundraiser every year, raising more than $350,000 for Hawthorne since 2011! We are actively recruiting for an Auction Chair and other volunteers to help with procurement, database management and other event logistics for our next auction. Interested? Check the Auction Volunteer Page for more details.
- GARDEN. Help keep our school garden thriving by signing up to water plants, volunteer during classroom trips to the garden, etc. If you want to get involved, contact Hawthorne parent and Garden Coordinator Katie Welsh at email@example.com. Visit the garden page of our website to learn more.
- FALL WALK-A-THON. This event needs volunteers to accompany each class on the walk (2-3 volunteer/class) and about 20 volunteers to setting up, cleaning up or helping with other activities on the day of the event. If you're interested in getting involved, contact Marita Grunfeld at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-898-0236
- EVENTS. Help us plan and pull off events like our Annual Community Day of Service or the Winter Festival, which raises funds for the school through holiday tree and wreath sales.
- YEAR-ROUND FUNDRAISING. There are lots of ways to raise money for our school, from coordinating collection of Box Tops for Education. to getting folks to sign up and shop with eScrip programs at Bartell and other stores that give a percentage of purchases to schools.
- ROOM REPRESENTATIVE. Help your child's teacher keep parents and caregivers informed about classroom needs, volunteer opportunities and more. (Check out Hawthorne's SignUp.com page to help you organize)
- COMMUNICATIONS. Help us update our website and spread the word about events, volunteer opportunities and other news. Reach out to prospective families, local businesses, faith communities, community organizations, news organizations, the school district.
- HEALTH & SAFETY. Help us advocate for traffic improvements and other health and safety issues.
- GRANT WRITING. Help us identify and apply for grants that will support the school's evolution to a Science Technology Engineering Arts and Math (STEAM) curriculum.
There are many other ways to show your support for your Hawthorne student or neighborhood school like attending a school event, chaperoning a classroom field trip, volunteering in the classroom or helping your child's teacher sort homework or hang artwork.