Since 2011, Friends of Hawthorne has raised more than $400,000 for Hawthorne Elementary School — most of it through our spring Auctions. These funds have helped us:
- Replace old computers with new laptops.
- Purchase state-of-the-art audio-visual equipment so our students have a better performance space.
- Increase the PTA grant funding we give teachers and staff for classroom supplies.
- Provides funding for the school art program.
Other fundraisers include:
- PCC Scrip. When you shop at PCC using a PCC Script Card from FOH, 5% of your purchase is donated to Friends of Hawthorne! If you would like a PCC Script Card, contact Molly Laster.
- Annual Walk-a-Thon event that gives all Hawthorne students and their families an opportunity to raise funds for the school.
- A Holiday Tree & Wreath Sale that's raised more than $1,000 for the past several years.
- Book Fairs organized through Scholastic and Secret Garden Bookstore that raise money for the school and include free book giveaways.
- eScrip programs that divert a percentage of your purchases from certain merchants (including Bartell) to Hawthorne.
- The Amazon.com Services LLC Associates Program, which lets Hawthorne earn advertising fees through purchases made by clicking on the Shop at Amazon link on this website!
- A SeeYourImpact social media campaign in the fall of 2012 raised more than $11,000 for to "reimagine" our school library.
Many teachers raise funds through DonorsChoose.org.
Friends of Hawthorne PTA is a 501c3 (tax exempt) organization. Learn more on our donations page.
We're always thinking about new ways to raise money for our school. If you have ideas or want to help out, email PTA President at firstname.lastname@example.org.